Audio codec add-ons
Our audio software can use external third party add-ons in order to add support for some compressed audio file formats
(3GP, 3G2, AAC, APE, DSS, FLAC, M4A, MOV, MP2, MP3, MP4, OGG, OPUS, RA, SFARK, WV). On this page you can download these add-ons.
PLEASE NOTE that these add-ons are 3rd party software that is neither under license from, nor warranted by, FMJ-Software.
They all come with their own particular licensing terms. They have been collected here "as-is" for your convenience —
FMJ-Software will not accept any liability for their use.
- Get the Add-ons pack v2.0 (size: 1.9 MB). This contains all of the add-ons except for sfArk and DSS.
- For .3G2, .AAC, .M4A, .MOV, .MP4 file format read and write support using "AAC compression", you need to copy the DLL versions of the 3rd party open source FAAC encoder and FAAD 2 decoder (libfaac.dll and libfaad2.dll) to the directory where you installed our program. These are not available from us (but do a web-search on the file names and you'll find it in plenty of places!).
- For .AMR, .COD, 3GP, or 3G2 file format read and write support using "AMR compression", you need to install the AMR add-on.
- For .DSS (Olympus digital recorder) file format read support, you need to install the Olympus DSS Player software. NB, it is only available on the CD's that you get when you purchase an Olympus recorder.
- For .FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) file format read and write support, you'll need libFLAC.dll.
- For .APE (Monkey's Audio Codec) file format read and write support, you'll need MACDLL.dll.
- For .MP2 (MPEG audio layer II) write support, you need to copy tooLameF.dll to the program installation directory.
- For .MP3 (MPEG audio layer III) write support, you need to get the LAME encoder and copy the "lame_enc.dll" file to the program installation directory.
- For .OGG (Vorbis) file format read and write support, you'll need the Vorbis DLL's.
- For .OPUS (Opus) file format read support, you'll need the OpusFile DLL's.
- For .RA (RealAudio) file format write support, you need to install the RA add-on.
- For .SFARK (sfArk compressed SoundFont) file format read support, you need to install the sfArkDLL add-on. Note: This is for Awave Studio only!
- For .WV (WavPack lossless compression) file format read and write support, you'll need wavpackdll.dll.