.IMY - iMelody mobile ring-tone format
- The iMelody format is not the same as the i-Melody format used by the Japanese i-Mode phones (see .MLD for that format).
- When saving files:
- You have the choice of saving to the full iMelody format (9 octaves, down to 32-nd notes, variable volume), or to a more limited 'simple' sub-set (3 octaves, only down to 8-th notes, fixed volume). The 'simple' sub-set is suitable for phones from Ericsson and others that do not support the full iMelody format.
- Only the first track containing any notes is used, and from that track notes are only considered if they have the same MIDI channel as the first note encountered. Note that for better control over what is saved, instead of saving the 'song' item, you can select a single track (e.g. containing the lead melody), and save that!
- When multiple notes falls within the same period of time, only the highest note is used - producing a monophonic output.
- Notes outside the supported range of the output format are completely ignored.
- Note and rest lengths are rounded to the nearest supported length.