Awave Studio v.12.3
Audio Converter — Instrument Editor — Music Performer
Try the free shareware/trial version.
Buy the full version for €90 / $99.
Runs under: Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista.
Awave Studio is a multi-purpose audio tool that reads a plethora of audio file formats from different platforms, synthesizers, trackers.
It can be used in a variety of ways — as a file format converter, as an audio editor, or as a synthesizer instrument editor.
Screenshot of the main window
- Convert between different audio and synthesizer file formats.
- Buy a sample library and convert it to a format that your synth understands.
- Render MIDI songs to audio clips using the built in software synthesizer.
- Edit audio, resample, fade in/out, normalize amplitudes, apply effects, et c.
- Use it as an editor for your hardware synthesizer or software VST.
→ More features…
→ More screenshots…
File formats galore:
Awave Studio can read almost any imaginable audio file format - in total 300+ formats.
→ See the complete file formats list!
Some synthesizers use disk formats and file systems that are not recognized by Windows. Many of these can still be read by the program by talking directly with the hardware.
→ See the list of special I/O formats!
The highest audio quality is maintained during all conversion and audio processing operations.
The program can do many things — this list is far from complete...
- Do conversions from the 300+ audio related file formats that it can read, into any of the ~140 audio file formats that it can write. No other software even comes close — See the complete list.
- Read and write the instrument formats of many commercial synthesizers, hardware modules, and popular software synths. This includes formats from AKAI, Ensoniq, Korg, Kurzweil, Roland, Yamaha, Native Instruments and many more. High quality conversion can be made between most formats, preserving important synthesis parameters.
- Read several disk formats that can not normally be accessed by Windows, including formats used by AKAI S-1000 CDs, AKAI S-3000 CDs, Roland S-5xx and S-7xx series CDs and floppy disks, and Kurzweil native CDs. See the complete list.
- Convert song data between several formats (e.g. MOD-tracker modules into SMF accompanied by custom instruments).
- Convert your MIDI songs into audio clips with superior audio quality using the bult-in Awave Synthesizer — which is also used for real-time auditioning of instruments.
- Convert FM-synthesis instruments into sampled instruments — with conversion support for all major Yamaha DX-series SysEx formats as well as PC Adlib file formats.
- The Batch Conversion Wizard makes converting large numbers of audio files extremely simple — including optional effects processing.
- The Audio Processing Wizard helps you with common editing tasks, e.g. resampling, fading, merging and combining waveforms, normalizing, time stretching, pitch scaling, smoothing, recombining, searching and replacing text, ...
- The Instrument Processing Wizard helps you with some repetitive editing tasks for instruments.
- Up to 32-bit floating point data precision for mono and stereo data.
- Fully supports DLS level 2 and SoundFont 2, and a large subset of SFZ v2. You can also use it as an editor for many other synths — for some, it is the only PC editor.
- Data is organized in an easy to use three pane layout — with a hierarchical instrument tree to the left, a waveform list in the model, and a property inspector view to the right.
- Graphical editors for instrument parameters — e.g. the much applauded loop editor that lets you easily find the best loops.
- Edit parameters for multiple items simultaneously, as quickly and easily as you edit a single item.
- Audition (play & listen to) instruments directly using the PC keyboard or an external MIDI keyboard.
Ok, so what doesn't it do?
It can only do very basic low-level MIDI editing (look elsewhere for a sequencer).
It won't handle more than 2 audio channels (so no surround sound).
It needs to fit all sound data into memory.
If you are unsure if it is for you — then why not download the free 30 day trial version? Seeing is believing!
You can try almost all functionality — we don't hide any ugly surprises — we have confidence in our product.
The Awave Studio main window + Layer general tab with keymap editor
The instrument general tab with layer overview
The layer general tab with drum kit editor
The Volume articulation tab, with lfo and envelope editor
The Mix articulation tab, with EQ, panner and sends
The waveform general tab, with the waveform editor
The waveform loop tab, with the loop point editor
The audio processing wizard - step 1
The audio processing wizard - step 2 (example)
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 1: Select batch type
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 2: Select input files
The Batch Conversion Wizard - Step 3: Select output options
Click on one of the links below to start downloading the 64-bit version:
Click on one of the following to start downloading the 32-bit version:
Click below to start downloading the Arm64 version (for Windows 11 ARM):
The current build is v. ...
- Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista.
Limitations of the trial version:
- 30-day trial time limit.
- After saving a file, you must restart before you can save again.
- You can save waves and single instruments, but not instrument collections.
The full purchased version removes these limitations.
Awave Studio is commercial software marketed as Shareware.
This means that you get to "try it before you buy it".
If you find that you like it, and wish to continue using it past the 30 day free trial period, then you need to buy a license.
More benefits of buying it:
- Removes the "nag screen" and annoying reminders.
- Removes the "restart after each save" limit.
- Enables locked features — e.g. saving collections and doing batch conversions.
This page is for buying Awave Studio
Don't confuse it with Awave Audio.
Buy it on-line here:
All payments are handled by PayPal.
Most credit cards are accepted.
You do not need a PayPal account.
EU-customers: VAT will be added to the price.
License and delivery terms:
What happens next?
After we have received your order, you will be sent an email containing a registration code – a license key that unlocks the trial version into the full version.
Please note that the code is normally sent within 24 hours, but not immediately (also, do check your "spam" or "junk" folders if you don't find it in your in-box).
How may I use it?
What you buy is a "single user" license to use the software.
You are allowed to install it on more than one computer, but you are not allowed to lend its use it to anyone else.
The license is personal and issued in your name - it can not be transferred or resold.
What is your upgrade policy?
We have a policy of minimum 1 year of free upgrades, meaning that any new major version that may be released within a year from the purchase date, will be free to you. After that period, there may be an update fee. We also have a policy of always free minor version updates if you own the same major version, regardless of the time that has passed.
Thank you for your order!
If everything went fine with the PayPal transaction, an email containing your reg-code and further instructions should arrive within the next 48 hours.
Please be patient, orders are manually verified before delivery. If you don't see an email, be sure to check you junk-mail folder before contacting support.